If mascots are any truth in telling who wins games this coming Sunday will be a slaughter. Panthers vs. Broncos in Super Bowl 50 will see the matchup of sunset and sunrise. It will be an apocalyptic meeting of the sunset of 18 year seasoned and injured Peyton Manning and the sunrise of “Superman” Cam Newton playing for just (a very accomplished) 5 seasons. Cam kills Manning with mere physical ability with an average of 38.1 rush yards per game to Manning’s .3. However, we can’t write off experienced Manning just yet, as he has proven his mental strength by pushing through post season. He just so happens to be backed by one of the best defenses in the league. Whether you are a die hard fan, social sports watcher, or don’t care about the game at all one fact remains, you still have to eat. So this Sunday in honor of the food mascot of football try this creative twist on a traditional buffalo wing.
MAKE THIS MONTH:
What You Need:
Buffalo Chicken, chopped up
(buy or make your own )
Mango, julienned (cut into thin strips)
Crumbled Blue Cheese
Optional Blue Cheese/Extra Buffalo Sauce
What You Do:
- While it is easiest to buy pre-made buffalo chicken from the store, it is fairly simple to make your own buffalo chicken at home. If you have the time just bring a bottle of buffalo sauce, the juice of half a lemon,about a cup of pineapple juice, and salt, to taste, to a light simmer. Add in the boneless chicken parts of your choice, thighs will be juicier but breasts/tenders will cook faster. Poach (lightly simmer) until the chicken is cooked thru, or about 15-20 minutes. As long as you don’t boil the chicken too fasthttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgfLqFPjOhcshould be juicy. Let cool,chop, and allow to sit in the sauce until you use it. You can do this up to a day before.
- Chop and organize all the rest of your ingredients so it will be easy to assemble your wraps. Place everything in its own separate bowl close to your cutting board.
- Heat the tortillas in the microwave or on the stove top, only 5 at a time so they will be pliable and easy to fold and roll.
- The video below will show you how to assemble the wraps.* The key is having all your items conveniently placed. For ten tortillas you need about 3/4 lb of buffalo chicken, 1/4 bag of shredded cabbage, 1/2 mango and cucumber, 1/4 c of blue cheese. This will make 20 half wraps, unless you devour one in the process. The key to making successful wraps that don’t fall apart is not overfilling them. If you have leftover filling ingredients toss them with lettuce to make a delicious salad.
- Serve with extra blue cheese dressing or buffalo sauce for the sexier people in life.
As far as the outcome I’m wishing for this Sunday, I’m torn. I want Manning to go out on top and Bronco’s defense to be rewarded for the work they put in all year but that boy Cam is just too f****** good. (too good some would argue…haters) The social sports watcher inside me just wants a good game, great company, and amazing snacks. These wraps will ensure our (because you’re making them too) stomach’s will be satisfied no matter the how the game leaves you feeling. Remember snacks always win!
*If you are a loyal subscriber to my email list THANK YOU! I’m still working out how to make sure the video can be delivered to your email for your viewing pleasure. Please click on the title to enjoy the blog in its entirety.